Frequently Asked Questions
Champaca started from a wood trading company. We import and export high qualiy hardwood to our customers around the world. We have expanded our operations into manufacturing and we are now producing high quality wooden products including hardwood flooring, doors, frames, stairs, and other accessories. We have various species of high quality hardwood available such as Teak, Mahka, Pyinkado, Oak, Walnut, Takien, Tabaek, etc.
3 type of Hardwood Flooring
- 1. Solid Flooring : All real wood profiled into one single piece of wood flooring
- 2. Compound Solid Flooring : Compound Solid flooring is a 3 or 4 layers cross-lamination of real solid wood. The product is designed to ensure maximum stability, protection against insects while still maintaining the natural feel of real solid wood.
- 3. Engineered Flooring : Engineered flooring is manufactured from a layer of real hardwood wood glued on to a layer of plywood. It is another alternative for hardwood flooring.
- 1. Our wood is impregnated with a termite and insect protection solution
- 2. We provide warranty of 15 years for delamination and damage from termite (please see Product Warranty and User Manual)
- 3. Compound Solid comprises of three layers of solid timber constructed in a CLT (Cross Laminated Timber) form – this minimizes the expansion/ contraction of the floor plank
We used our deep knowledge and understanding of the wood and the unmet needs from the products available in the Thai and other regional markets to design and manufacture Compound Solid Flooring.
Compound Solid Flooring is made from cross lamination a 3-layer hardwood together, bounded by water resistance glue. This construction enhanced the stability of the product, while Core and Balancer layers have been impregnated to protect the wood from termites and other insects. Overall, this product is human and environmentally friendly – it also allows us to optimize the usage of the natural product.
On the other hand, Engineered Flooring is produced from layer of hardwood stick onto another layer of plywood. The plywood is often made from softwood such as Eucalyptus, Birch, Hevea, etc. and is susceptible to termites and insects. Very often the glue that is used to manufacture the plywood will consist of formaldehyde (usually in low level).
3 install methods : Floating, Nail Down and Glue Down by each of method has diﬀerent advantages/disadvantages and costs including suitability for diﬀerent uses.
- 1. Clean with damp mob – use recommended cleaning product if possible
- 2. Put flannel under your chairs and tables to reduce scratching the floor when moving the furnitures around
- 3. Avoid walking in heels
Price of wood depends on several major factors including:
Wood species: Different species come with different costs for example Teak would be one of the most expensive timber out there.
Thickness, width, and length of the product plays a part with the price – the bigger the piece, the higher the price.
Wood is a natural product and has its own characteristics such as knots, colour variation, sapwood, etc. All of the natural characteristics affect the price of the wood.
We provide installation services by our professionally trained team that works according to the company’s standard.
– Showroom @Ekkamai Sukhumvit 61 : 75 Soi Sukhumvit 61, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtan Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Open Daily at 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– Showroom @Nonthaburi : 555 Nonthaburi 1 Road, T.Bangkasor, A.Muang, Nonthaburi.
Open on Monday-Saturday at 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.